We accept payment via PayPal and credit card. You can choose your preferred method of payment at the end of the purchasing process. The data related to your payment method is NOT processed or stored by Garmont but by the platforms through which payment is made. These platforms are extremely secure and are widely used by many e-commerce sites.
How to use a discount code?
To redeem a discount code, please enter it in the appropriate field on the cart summary page, before proceeding with payment.
Standard Shipping: $15.00
Expedited (2-Day) Shipping: $45.00
How long will it take for my item to arrive?
Standard delivery times do vary but usually range from 5 to 7 working days. Please note, delivery times are indicative and may vary due to external causes, holidays or causes attributable to the shipping agent. Delivery time is calculated from the date on which the order is processed*.
*Orders placed after 5 PM Friday or placed on weekends, will not be shipped until Monday. If you select 2-day shipping during these times, the shipping delivery date will be based off being shipped Monday.
Can I change the shipping address or billing address?
Once your order has been placed, there is a small-time frame for when the shipping address can be changed. Once the order is released to our warehouse, it cannot be changed. The order will have to be canceled in full.
If you realize you have inputted the incorrect address or forgot to add a portion of the address, please email our customer service team right away at customerserviceUS@garmont.com.
Unfortunately, the billing address cannot be changed. If the incorrect billing address is inputted and the order goes through, please email us and we will cancel the order.
Did you buy something on www.garmont.com but are not satisfied with your choice? Don't worry, here is everything you need to know about how to arrange a return!
- You have 30 days from when you receive delivery of the purchased item to complete the online return procedure and request a refund (excluding return delivery costs). Returned items will be refunded provided they are intact, have not been used, damaged, or washed, and have the original product labels still attached to the product as well as the original box and packaging.
- Items returned incomplete, worn, damaged or dirty for reasons that are attributable to you will not be refunded and no refund will be processed. We will set up a return to sender and will not accept the return.
- If you are returning a product because of an error on our part or because of a product defect, Garmont will bear the cost of the return shipment. In this case, please contact our customer service at customerserviceUS@garmont.com.
How to request a return?
If you want to return a product, you must complete the following online returns procedure:
- Click on "return request" at the bottom of our home page
- Insert the order number and the e-mail address used for the purchase, then click on "search".
- Click the products you wish to return.
- Indicate the reason for the return
- Click on "send request"
Please note that the above procedure is compulsory and that requests received after the 30-day deadline will not be taken into consideration.
What return options are available?
There are two possible return options:
1) Size/Product Exchange
Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to process returns as an exchange. Once the return is received, a refund will be processed. A new order will have to be placed for the correct product or size. We appreciate your understanding.
If the product received is not what you wanted, you can return it and request a refund on the same method of payment used at the time of purchase.
The refund will only be issued once the condition of the returned product has been verified. You will be reimbursed only for the purchase price. Shipping costs are not refunded. You will receive the credit within 5 business days after the return is fully closed.
How to ship the return product to us?
After we have accepted your return request, you can send the product by courier or postal service to the following address:
Garmont ℅ Distrilogik US LTD
2351 U.S. 130
South Brunswick Township, NJ 08810
Please remember that you must correctly compile the online return request before sending the product back to us. We will not refund or replace any product that arrives at our warehouse without having first been registered via the online return request process within the 14-day period foreseen by law.
Garmont boots are warranted to be free from defects in workmanship and materials* for a period of 1 year from the date of purchase.
*Please note, our warranty does not apply to normal wear and tear or to damage because of abnormal use, poor fit, abuse, negligence, improper modifications or repairs. This can be determined on a case-by-case basis once we receive photos of the damage.
How to register for your warranty?
Please use the link below to register your boots.
Click Here to Register
How to make a warranty claim?
If you believe that you have purchased a defective product through our e-commerce site, or they have been damaged within the 1- year time frame due to a manufacturer defect, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining the problem in detail. We recommend attaching photos of the defect/damage as well.
*If you have not registered for the warranty, please also attach a photo of the proof of purchase as well as a photo of the tag inside the tongue of the boot.
The footwear on our North America page is based on typical US sizing. If you are a size 9 in your typical shoes, we recommend ordering a size 9. If you are a half size, such as 9.5, you can always size up to account for any swelling of the foot if you are unsure about sizing.
A key aspect in the choice of size is the fit, which you can find on the product sheet. Some fits are broader while others are snugger and more precise. The 5 fits we offer are listed below, from the most technical and snug fit to the most comfortable and wide fit:
- Alpine Tech (for a comfortable but less precise fit, order a half size larger!).
- Alpine (for a comfortable but less precise fit, order a half size larger!)
- Comfort (most comfortable / wide fit)
What is hydrolysis?
Sometimes the soles of shoes can start to crumble or even come off when walking, even if they have not been used a lot. This may appear to be a factory defect, but it is a spontaneous chemical process called hydrolysis.
When boots are only used occasionally, the soles dry out and tend to harden, like what happens with car tires, and a chemical reaction is triggered which causes the polyurethane molecules to split and the soles to degrade. This problem can affect both the outsole and the midsole.
It is therefore not a production defect, but a natural process of material deterioration, which manifests itself even more intensely if the footwear is not used often or has been stored for a long time.
To reduce the risk of hydrolysis, it is therefore important to use your footwear regularly to keep the material 'chemically active'.
The following recommendations can prove useful to try to avoid this unpleasant chemical process: - Use your footwear regularly
- If possible, use newer models that have a more recent shelf life (be careful with models that may have been stored for years and therefore have been "inactive" for a long time as there is a chance, they will break down mid hike).
- Take proper care of your footwear with appropriate products and avoid drying your footwear near sources of heat.
- Store your footwear in a dry place, preferably in its original box.
Can i resole my boots?
We do not directly offer a resole service, however if you own a shoe with Vibram soles* you can reach out to local cobblers to see if they have the material to repair them.
*Please note that many of the Vibram soles we use have been developed exclusively for us so they may not be available for replacement. It is possible to request resoling with compatible soles.